Thursday, January 5, 2017

He is Enough

Have you ever had a dream?   A dream deep in your heart but you give up on it out of fear or doubt, allowing it to turn into a memory?   Have you ever felt unloved?  or unloving?   Perhaps abandoned by someone close to you or mistreated by someone you thought you could trust....left to feel like a part of you is missing.  
Maybe you feel like your joy was stolen...and every effort to retrieve it has been an exhausting, fruitless process.    Maybe it's discouragement....the dream that seems to be drifting farther and farther away on the sea of uncertainty.      Perhaps it's hardship.   Financial struggles that never seem to let up, pressing on your spirit making each day a little heavier.   Or health concerns that carry with them, fear and questions.   Or perhaps, like me, anxiety gets you.   Pulls you down until you can hardly enjoy even the smallest things without the unjustified, unsettling unrest.
Maybe you have prayed...Like Paul who prayed for the thorn in his flesh to be taken away.    

Paul receives this powerful, precious and pointing answer from the Lord...
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness".
2 Corinthians 12:9

A Few days ago, I was thinking about the time right before we moved into our new home.    For months I prayed that this would be a house of peace.   That everyone who entered it would feel the presence of the Lord and be at peace here.  The Lord has answered this prayer in so many ways for so many people, I am blown away time after time; however I still struggle with anxiety.   How can this be?  How can this house be house of peace and still I feel this way?
One night while talking to the Lord about this I heard the Him say to me "I am peace even when you don't feel it".   And it struck me.....He is peace, He is love, He is Joy, He is truth, He is Hope.....period.    And that doesn't change just because I don't feel it in this moment.   My emotional state does not influence or affect God's character.   If His presence is in this house, His peace is in this house.   Maybe I am simply choosing to listen to the voice of the enemy over that of my Father.  
 He uses us, broken, wounded, weak, full of pain and fear, He uses us.   And sometimes He takes away the thorn, sometimes He uses the thorn to remind us to look to Him.   To keep our eyes on Him.
The definition of Sufficient is Enough.   He is enough.    Regardless of how we feel, what struggles we face, what weaknesses we carry.  He is enough.     I hope to start my year, this new year....looking to Him despite how I feel and trust that He is enough.  He is sufficient for us.      

No comments:

Post a Comment